Currently, I study professional writing and digital media at Pensacola Christian College in Pensacola, Florida. As a dyslexic growing up, reading was always difficult for me, and a lot of my early literature was either inhaled via audiobook or through my parents (I’m pretty sure my mom’s voice went hoarse after I begged her to read an entire novel in one sitting once…or twice…or a handful of times…. Sorry, Mom….)
When I’m not writing, I’m either drawing, editing a video, or involving myself in some other kind of creative endeavor. This blog is meant to be a home base for my projects, like a living portfolio that develops as my talents and interests develop. If you’re willing to come along for the ride, go right ahead and hit the Follow button!
I also manage a YouTube channel where I vlog about my life at Pensacola Christian College and answer questions for incoming freshmen, so be sure to check me out there as well!
Areas of Specialization:
Strong writing and computer skills, book processing, graphic design, typography, proofreading, organization, video editing, logo design, basic computer troubleshooting, and a good, working knowledge of Christian literature and Christian YA fiction. Experience in using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Final Cut Pro X, and currently learning After Effects.
Activities and Honors
Published in Fountains 29th edition, 2018
(Accepted for Fountains 30th edition and 31st edition).
Published in America’s Emerging Writers.
Published in Florida’s Emerging Writers.
First place – Feature promotional video for Josiah Vogel’s woodburning business, 2018 commencement contest, at Pensacola Christian College.
Excellence Award – Kinetic typography infographic on dyslexia, 2018 commencement contest, at Pensacola Christian College.
Silver ADDY Award – Feature promotional video for Josiah Vogel’s woodburning business.
Tied for second place in Write the World’s essay contest.
First place and a $1,300 scholarship – Kinetic typography video, Scripture for Life Chapel Challenge, at Pensacola Christian College.
Elected Collegian Representative, junior year of college.
Elected Collegian Vice President, senior year of college.
High School Student Council Treasurer, senior year.
Senior Journalism/Yearbook Editor, senior year.
High School Newspaper Editor for two years, sophomore and junior years.
High School Class representative, freshman year.
First place – Polychromatic Drawing, AACS National Competition, at Bob Jones University.
First place – Creative Essay, ODACS State Competition, Richmond, VA.
Servant of God award, senior year of high school.
A-B Honor Roll every year in high school, Dean’s List each college semester.
Employment and Volunteer
9/19—present — Senior Editor of Fountains literary publication
- Acquire submissions and select accepted manuscripts.
- Assign manuscripts to editors, co-lead all-staff meetings, create editing strategies, edit multiple submissions, market publication, and sell the final product.
5/18—8/18 — Freelance Journalist at the Connection Newspapers
- Conduct interviews, reporting, and write articles 200-600 words in length.
- Take photos of events and featured sources, write captions, and submit them with written articles.
8/17—present — Advertising Video at Pensacola Christian College
- Shoot B-roll for official college promotional videos, assist with lighting and film tests for official videos, design lower thirds and graphics for online video advertisements.
- Aid with the filming of official music videos for the college.
- Edit and create graphics for college concerts and record live events and streaming, such as concerts, stage dramas, and sports games.
5/17—8/17 — The Heritage Foundation Internship Program — Washington D.C.
- Edited a promotional video for Heritage Action’s Sentinel Summit using
- Transcribed and added captions to short videos for social media, as well as strung out sequences and selected music for videos emailed to thousands of donors.
- Aided with Facebook Live shoots, both in a professional video studio and around the Washington D.C. area by running the recording equipment such as Wirecast, operating the teleprompter, toggling background stills, and gathering interviewees.
9/15—5/17 — A Beka Book Print Shop — Pensacola, Florida
- Prepared final A Beka Book products before shipping them to their final locations.
- Organized textbook signatures on a Müller Martini Pantera.
5/14—8/14 — Fairfax Baptist Temple — Fairfax, Virginia
- Planned, filmed, and edited a five-minute church promotional video for the church website with interviews from the ministerial staff and church members, using Final Cut Pro X and music from VideoHelper.
- Filmed, edited, and posted event highlight videos for the church’s Vacation Bible School and Community Fun Fest events during the summer.
6/14—8/14 — Burke Centre Library — Burke, Virginia
- Worked to sign up children for the summer reading program at the public library and help them complete the program throughout the summer.
- Labeled library books with spine labels, alphabetized, and reshelved books.
Ran the soundboard for dramatic productions such as a school play and Majesty Music’s Patch the Pirate LIVE!
Part-time academy student librarian aide, checked books in and out, labeled new books, alphabetized and reshelved books, straightened shelves at the end of the day, and reentered and reprocessed library books into the database when the school switched to the Sycamore Education software.
Designed three teen group event logos and fliers for summer activities, and designed two logos for a summer missions trip to Panama for booklets, luggage tags, videos, and T-shirts using Adobe Photoshop.
Filmed, edited, and posted over twenty event highlight videos for the teen group using Final Cut Pro X, for events such as missions trips, year in reviews, and week-long summer programs.
Planned, filmed, and edited two three-minute academy promotional videos for the school, and edited a one-minute promotional to post on WAVA’s website.
Filmed, edited, and posted an event highlight video of the Academy of Arts week-long acting and theatre seminar, including interviews from Academy Arts director Noah Stratton and other team members.
Advanced Studies Diploma
Fairfax Baptist Temple Academy, Fairfax, Virginia
Graduated June, 2015.
Bachelor of Arts — Professional Writing, with a Digital Media minor
Pensacola Christian College, Pensacola, Florida