Areas of Specialization:
Strong writing and computer skills, book processing, graphic design, typography, proofreading, organization, video editing, logo design, basic computer troubleshooting, and a good, working knowledge of Christian literature and Christian YA fiction. Experience in using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Final Cut Pro X, and currently learning After Effects.
Activities and Honors
First place and a $1,300 scholarship – Kinetic typography video, Scripture for Life Chapel Challenge, at Pensacola Christian College.
Elected Collegian Representative, junior year of college.
High School Student Council Treasurer, senior year.
Senior Journalism/Yearbook Editor, senior year.
High School Newspaper Editor for two years, sophomore and junior years.
High School Class representative, freshman year.
First place – Polychromatic Drawing, AACS National Competition, at Bob Jones University.
First place – Creative Essay, ODACS State Competition, Richmond, VA.
Servant of God award, senior year of high school.
A-B Honor Roll every year in high school, Dean’s List each college semester.
Employment and Volunteer
8/17—present — Advertising Video at Pensacola Christian College
- Shoot B-roll for official college promotional videos, assist with lighting and film tests for official videos, design lower thirds and graphics for online video advertisements.
- Edit and create graphics for college concerts and records live events and streaming, such as concerts, stage dramas, and sports games.
5/17—8/17 — The Heritage Foundation Internship Program — Washington D.C.
- Edited a promotional video for Heritage Action’s Sentinel Summit using
- Transcribed and added captions to short videos for social media, as well as strung out sequences and selected music for videos emailed to thousands of donors.
- Aided with Facebook Live shoots, both in a professional video studio and around the Washington D.C. area by running the recording equipment such as Wirecast, operating the teleprompter, toggling background stills, and gathering interviewees.
9/15—5/17 — A Beka Book Print Shop — Pensacola, Florida
- Prepared final A Beka Book products before shipping them to their final locations by shrink wrapping, collating, folding, and packing product such as flash cards, charts, textbooks, and other curriculum materials.
- Folded and stickered boxes for shipping.
- Prepared fliers and advertisements for Pensacola Christian College on a Videojet to be sent out to prospective students around the globe by printing addresses, sealing brochures, and categorizing them based on their final destination.
- Organized textbook signatures on the Müller Martini Pantera.
- Packed and stacked boxes full of newly-bound textbooks and did product checks on boxes coming through the assembly line.
- Spiral bound books and crimped the ends of the spirals when finished.
4/16—5/16 — Pensacola Christian College — Pensacola, Florida
- Ran the soundboard and microphones for the graduate play production of Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court.
- Filmed, edited, and posted a three-minute promotional video for the Pensacola Christian College Pi Delta Ro collegian.
5/14—8/14 — Fairfax Baptist Temple — Fairfax, Virginia
- Planned, filmed, and edited a five-minute church promotional video for the church website with interviews from the ministerial staff and church members, using Final Cut Pro X and music from VideoHelper.
- Filmed, edited, and posted event highlight videos for the church’s Vacation Bible School and Community Fun Fest events during the summer.
6/14—8/14 — Burke Centre Library — Burke, Virginia
- Worked to sign up children for the summer reading program at the public library and help them complete the program throughout the summer.
- Labeled library books with spine labels, alphabetized, and reshelved books.
Part-time academy student librarian aide, checked books in and out, labeled new books, alphabetized and reshelved books, straightened shelves at the end of the day, and reentered and reprocessed library books into the database when the school switched to the Sycamore Education software.
Designed three teen group event logos and fliers for summer activities, and designed two logos for a summer missions trip to Panama for booklets, luggage tags, videos, and T-shirts using Adobe Photoshop.
Filmed, edited, and posted over twenty event highlight videos for the teen group using Final Cut Pro X, for events such as missions trips, year in reviews, and week-long summer programs.
Planned, filmed, and edited two three-minute academy promotional videos for the school, and edited a one-minute promotional to post on WAVA’s website.
Filmed, edited, and posted an event highlight video of the Academy of Arts week-long acting and theatre seminar, including interviews from Academy Arts director Noah Stratton and other team members.
Advanced Studies Diploma
Fairfax Baptist Temple Academy, Fairfax, Virginia
Graduated June, 2015.
Bachelor of Arts — Professional Writing, with a Digital Media minor
Pensacola Christian College, Pensacola, Florida